- The Peers Project Pty Ltd (83 630 446 623) (The Peers Project, we, our, and/or us) operates a business which provides podcast production services (Services). Our website is located at www.thepeersproject.com (Website).
- We are committed to protecting the privacy of individuals (you, your, and/or yourself) we interact with in connection with the provision of our Services and through the Website.
- We are not bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). However, we take the privacy of Personal Information seriously.
- This Policy contains information about:
- how you may access your Personal Information held by us;
- how you may seek correction of your Personal Information held by us;
- how to make complaints about any privacy-related concerns.
- If we change this Policy, we will display notice of changes on our Website or otherwise notify you in writing.
- If you provide a pseudonym to us or wish to remain anonymous in the course of requesting our Services, we may not be able to provide the full extent of our Services, however your use of the Platform will not be limited.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We may collect your personal information in the following circumstances (this is not an exhaustive list):
- where you complete a form or registration process in relation to our Website or otherwise;
- where you have inquired about our Services, or otherwise communicated with us in person, over email or phone, or otherwise;
- where you make a booking for our Services;
- where you attend an appointment for our Services;
- where you are interacting with the Website, through the use of browser cookies or trackers; and
- in such other situations, which we will inform you from time to time, where we collect personal information from you that is reasonably necessary for the operation of our Website and to provide the Services.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- The kinds of personal information we may collect from you will depend on the nature of your interaction with us.
- We collect, use and store the following types of Personal Information:
- Addresses and email addresses;
- Phone numbers;
- Billing information; and
- Other Personal Information that you may voluntarily provide to us to assist us to provide our Services.
- Because of the nature of the Services we provide, we may require you to accurately identify yourself so that we can ensure that we invoice and deliver our Services to the intended party. If you provide contact details of a representative of your organisation for this purpose, you must provide accurate Personal Information of your representative as it is otherwise impracticable for us to provide our Services to your organisation.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We will not sell or trade your personal information to any third party, organisation or individual without your consent, other than if we are required to do so by law.
- We may use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with further information about our Services and Website;
- to provide our Services to you;
- to personalise your experience of our Services and the Website;
- to respond to feedback and complaints;
- for enforcement of any contractual agreements for our Services;
- for direct marketing purposes with your consent (see section 7 below);
- to notify you of important changes to our Website or content on the Website that may be of interest to you;
- to understand customer trends and patterns so we can continue to develop our marketing and advertising strategies; and
- for any other purpose for which you give your consent.
- We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- to third parties used by us to assist with providing the Services that you have requested, including sub-contractors, our Website hosting provider and technology service providers;
- to assist in locating missing individuals.
- to lessen or prevent serious threats to the health and safety of an individual or the general public; and
- to any duly authorised law enforcement officer or any other person authorised by any law, or in circumstances permitted by the Privacy Act.
DO WE SEND YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO PARTIES OUTSIDE AUSTRALIA?
- From time-to-time, we use third-party service providers for digital cloud storage, web hosting or other technology-related services in connection with the operation of our Website. We may disclose your personal information to these third party service providers who may operate outside of Australia, or operate in Australia with digital servers located outside of Australia.
- As some of our third-party service providers operate globally, we cannot say with certainty where their servers are located or the countries out of which they operate at any given time. Further, these locations may be subject to change without notice to us.
ARE WE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIRD PARTIES WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS?
This Policy applies to personal information collected in connection with our Website and our Services. We are not responsible for the collection of information and/or the privacy practices of any third parties whose websites may be linked on our Website, our social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube) or in our e-mail communications to you. We refer you to the privacy policies for the relevant third parties.
WILL WE SEND DIRECT MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS TO YOU?
- Your personal information may be used by us to offer you new products and Website, notify you of new developments and updates to our Website, or to make other promotional communications to you related to our Website.
- If you do not wish to receive direct marketing communications from us, you may opt-out any time by clicking the link for opting-out in our e-mail communications sent to you, or by contacting us (see section 11).
DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION THROUGH COOKIES AND ANALYTICS TOOLS?
- We do not merge any personal information we have collected from you with data obtained through cookie technology.
- You are able to opt out of cookie technology through changing the settings on your browser, but this may affect the way you experience our Website.
HOW DO WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
- We will use all reasonable means to protect the confidentiality of your personal information while in our possession or control.
- We take the responsibility of protecting your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure very seriously.
- You should be aware that there are inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the internet, and our data security measures can never be guaranteed. This means that while we take steps to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its security.
- If you suspect any misuse, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure of your personal information provided to us, please contact us immediately.
WILL WE TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If we are involved in a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganisation or liquidation, we may transfer, sell or assign your personal information collected by us to one or more relevant third parties in our sole discretion.
WHAT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS OR COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS POLICY?
- If you:
- have any questions about this Policy;
- wish to request access to any personal information that we hold;
- wish to correct or update your personal information that we hold; or
- wish to make a complaint or discuss any other privacy concerns you may have,
please contact us using the following details:
- We reserve the right to charge for reasonable expenses that we may incur in preparing and sending you a copy of your personal information which you have requested.
- If you have a complaint or a privacy-related concern in relation to this Policy, please provide us with the opportunity to resolve the matter by contacting us using the methods outlined above. Once we have received a complaint or privacy-related concern, we will try to work with you to resolve the matter.
- For further information on privacy, you may wish to visit the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC): www.oaic.gov.au.